Read on for the Holiday 2006 edition of the Crafty Goat newsletter, which announces our latest contest winners and features some great tips for sending your holiday cards.
CONTEST WINNERS ANNOUNCED
Jacquie R. of Atlanta, Georgia, and Claudette F. of East Hartford, Connecticut, were the latest winners in CraftyGoat.com’s sweepstakes. Jacquie and Claudette each won a $25 Gift Certificate. Congratulations!
Don’t forget to enter our December drawing for your chance at a $25 Gift Certificate. Entry deadline is December 31st. Visit http://www.craftygoat.com/entry.php.
HOLIDAY CARD TIPS
Each year, the U.S. Postal Service delivers 20 billion cards, letters, and packages between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Here’s some tips on getting your holiday cards filled out and delivered on time.
- The USPS recommends mailing cards and packages 3-7 days before the desired arrival date. For Christmas arrival, the deadlines are:
- First Class - December 18th
- Priority Mail - December 20th
- Express Mail - December 22nd
- According to a Greeting Card Association survey, half of card purchasers send up to 25 cards — and almost 15% send more than 50 cards! If you’re sending a lot of cards, break up the job by working on them here and there throughout the day (e.g., over your lunch hour, while you’re waiting for an appointment, etc). For more tips on getting holiday cards out on time, see http://pressroom.americangreetings.com//archives/holidays06/cardsending06.html
Boxed cards may work great for the majority of the people on your Christmas list, but it’s nice to send more individualized cards to close friends and family members. Try one of our holiday cards for that personal touch.
GREAT HOLIDAY PRODUCTS
- Sculpted Paper Christmas Cards
- Bottle Cap Christmas Card
- Bottle Cap Christmas Card with Beaded Snowflake Ornament
- Christmas Light Earrings
We want to help make your holidays happy! To ensure your order arrives in time for Christmas, please place your order by these dates:
- Friday, December 15th - First Class Mail
- Monday, December 18th - Priority Mail
NEW ON CRAFTY GOAT’S NOTES
If you’re into crafts and crafting, you might be interested in our blog, Crafty Goat’s Notes. Here are some of the topics we’ve covered in the past month:
- Resources for Holiday Gift-Wrap Ideas
- How to Make a Composition Book Journal
- Tips for Fixing Skinner Blend Problems
- 3 Ways to Get Mirrored Output with Any Printer
The blog address is: http://blog.craftygoat.com