DefinitionNot sure what filigree is? Here's a definition from the Polymer Clay Glossary on Eugena's Creations:
"Filigree - originally, a jewelry technique when an intricate design is formed using metal wire. Polymer clay filigree is formed by strings of clay applied in coils or freeform shapes onto polymer clay or other surface to create a textured design."
- Polymer Clay Polyzine - Rainbow Filigree Lesson
- HGTV's Filigree Polymer Clay Egg
- The Polymer Clay Resource - Fold Over Beads
- Polymer Clay Cyclopedia - Blended Filigree Egg
Tips & Tricks
- Glass Attic's Clay Gun / Balinese Filigree Info. Don't miss this great idea (see photo at the bottom of this page):
"A lazy susan mechanism really helps make the rope spirals."
- Polymer Clay Polyzine - Making Clay Strands With a Garlic Press
- Past Filigree Challenges / Clay Days
- Polymer Clay Polyzine - Noodly Stuff
- Charles Mayer's excellent filigree work (see more of Mayer's work here)
- And for inspiration from another medium, check out what's going on in paper quilling
Mail your entries in by August 15, 2007, for a chance to win one of three prizes. Good luck!