IdeasHere's a few things you might think about making:
- Dragons, castles, elves
- Fairies, unicorns, mermaids
- Gnomes, goblins, gargoyles
- Wizards, witches
- Lord of the Rings- or Harry Potter-inspired creations
Tips & Tutorials
- Polymer Clay Express offers a simple Scrap Dragon tutorial.
- Maureen Carlson's Polymer Clay Winged Dragon demo includes tips for making a delightfully-colorful dragon, along with instructions for an easy bulls-eye wing cane.
- Sue Heaser's Fantasy Fairies tutorial includes full fairy instructions -- dainty petal dress, hair & a translucent wing cane.
- For more on wings, check out Jenny Cox's TLS Fairie Wings or our older post with more wing-making links.
- Jill from Studio Willich uses a variety of media in her goblins, faeries & art dolls. The descriptions indicate which ones include polymer clay. I love all the character in her creatures' faces!
- Browse through the galleries on Katherine Dewey's Elvenwork site for photos of beautifully fantastic creatures. The site also includes artist tips and a sculptors' forums.
- CLBCreations (creator of the dragon at the top of this post) has Flickr pages full of inspiration. She also blogs about her own & others' polymer clay creations.
- Dragons, by Christi Friesen
- Creating Fantasy Polymer Clay Caracters: Step-by-Step Trolls, Wizards, Dragons, Knights, Skeletons, Santa, and More!, by Dinko Tilov
Mail your entries in by November 15, 2007, for a chance to win one of three prizes. Good luck!