Polymer Clay Central has announced the December 2007 Challenge theme: BRRR! It's Cold out There!. And let me tell you, considering the big ice storm my part of the country just saw, this challenge seems totally appropriate! So cozy up next to your toaster oven & let's do some crafting...
IdeasHere's a few things you might think about making:
- Snowflakes, snowmen, snow globes
- Ice-skaters, icicles
- Hats, mittens, kids bundled in layers of clothes
- Old Man Winter, penguins, Jack Frost
Tips & Tutorials
- Check out Garie Sim's tutorial for Creating a Snowman Snow Globe.
- Polymer Clay Central has a neat lesson on making Ultra Light Snowflake Decorations using cookie cutters.
- Need to sculpt a warm & cozy sweater or scarf? Check out this Faux Knit Worksheet from a recent lesson by my fellow guild member Penni Jo.
- These iridescent snowfakes made by Jeanne Rhea are simply gorgeous!
- I love the color and texture of these Snowflake Holiday Glycerin Soaps by serenitysoapworkstx. Think of the polymer clay options!
- Still need more inspiration? Take a look at Flickr's winter polymer clay goodies.
Mail your entries in by December 15, 2007, for a chance to win one of three prizes from Polka Dot Creations. Good luck!