Lisa at PolkaDotCreations tagged me for the 8 Random Things meme. Since Artist Trading Cards (ATCs) are my latest thing (more on obsessions in #5 below), I decided it'd be cool to do an ATC to illustrate each random fact about me. So here are my things & my ATCs. (Click on any card for a larger photo & details on how it was made.)
- My first car was a silver Volkswagon Jetta, which lasted all of about 6 months til I was rear-ended by a semi when I was overly-cautious at a yellow light. I loved that car & have wanted another VW ever since.
- I've never liked peanuts. Couldn't stand to eat 'em... that is, til my husband told me about an article he'd read saying you could train yourself to stop disliking a food. I still wouldn't seek out a bag full o' peanuts, but now I don't mind eating them in a mix.
- My husband & I had the Muppet song "Moving Right Along" played as our wedding recessional.
- I always thought it'd be cool to bicycle to work. Turns out that's a much easier task if you work from home. (Lucky for me, too, since my bike's sitting in the garage with a flat tire!)
- I suspect I have some OCD tendencies, so I try to avoid things (like video games) that have addictive elements.
- My overly-optimistic To Do list still thinks I'm going to make New Year's Resolutions for 2007.
- I was born with 3 ingrown toenails & have been plagued with them ever since.
- I hate telling other people what to do.
And with that last one in mind, I'm not going to "tag" anyone in particular. If you're reading this & you're interested, consider yourself tagged. Be sure to leave a comment below telling me where your list is. (That is, if you want to. No pressure.) Here's the official rules:
- Link to your tagger and post these rules.
- List eight (8) random facts about yourself.
- Tag eight people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them).
- Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving them a comment on their blogs.