This is just a heads-up for my fellow Okies about the classes I'll be teaching in the next couple of months:
- Mold-Making Basics: I'll be showing how to make molds using several different materials. We'll then use our molds to decorate custom polymer clay nametags.
- Keeping Time with Polymer Clay: Use polymer clay and a recycled CD to make a beautiful clock, perfect for gift giving or to decorate your own wall. We'll discuss basic tools and techniques with a focus on texture and surface effects. No previous polymer clay experience is necessary. All necessary supplies and materials will be provided, but feel free to bring along any polymer clay tools you already have.
- Date: 6-9 p.m., Sunday, September 27th, 2009
- Cost & Registration: Fee is $30. Sign up here.
- Glowing Skulls: Create glowing "sugar skulls" from polymer clay. We'll learn about glow-in-the-dark clay and discuss the Dios de los Muertos tradition. These skulls will make perfect decorations for your Halloween or Dios de los Muertos festivities.
- Date: Saturday, October 24th, 2009
- Cost & Registration: Details TBA. If you're interested, contact me and I'll let you know when the registration form is online.
I'll be posting more about these soon, including photos of the projects. I would love to have you there!